Welcome to the Inanda Veterinary Hospital homepage. This site serves as a resource and contact point for our clients, as well as veterinary surgeons looking to contact us to make use of our services.
We're on Facebook! Become a friend!
Inanda Veterinary Hospital & Specialist Referrals offers:
Compassionate, courteous and affordable service for general and specialist patients. We believe that going to the vet should be a pleasure; informative; and stress-relieving.
To ensure that we can help you as you best need, please note the following steps that we have taken to make our vision, your experience:
- We use an appointment system, to ensure that you don't have too wait long;
- Both general and specialist practitioners are available, offering you a level of expertise and accessibility that you would expect;
- Having your pet referred to and examined by the specialist can probably the best thing you can do for a chronic or serious condition. It is good that your vet is willing to refer cases to a specialist. It shows that your vet is willing to have his or her work reviewed by someone else and that he or she is willing to put the pet's needs first. All pets referred to Dr Zambelli are returned to their primary care practice for routine care, once the problem which they were referred for, have been diagnosed or stabilised.
- All patients in hospital are cared for by qualified veterinary nurses, using the very best medical equipment, in purpose-designed and pleasant surroundings;
- Our patient care protocols are well-established, not made up as we go along, and all staff subscribe to this:
- We have a behaviourist who offers therapy for behavioural problems, as well as training for boarded patients; puppies; and adult dogs, as well as her own board-in training facility;
- We can offer after-hours consultations and emergency consultations on public holidays (note: callouts must be paid at the time of consultation, and incur a SA Vet Council tariffed surcharge)
- Using digital technology and Telemedicine, we have access to the services of specialist veterinary radiologists for interpretation of X-rays, MRI and CT
NEW - KZN's ONLY FULL DENTAL SUITE FOR PETS - Dental X-Ray, top-end scaler, polisher and instruments to care for pets' teeth as well as your dentist looks after you teeth! See the SERVICES & FACILITIES tab and scroll down!
Dr Gerhard Steenkamp, Veterinary Maxillofacial Surgeon, sees referrals from all over KZN at IVH, every other month; consultation by appointment through our reception.
Important Health Alert - Spirocerca lupi - please click here to read and print, or go to Articles Tab
GREEN INANDA VETS
We are an environmentally conscious practice and thus have put in place the following systems to minimise our impact on the environment:
- Water collection for irrigation
- Energy-saver lightbulbs along with a practice policy of minimal light use during the day; we switch off computers at night
- Digital X-ray system which uses no chemicals or heavy metals for processing radiographs
- Energy-saving appliances wherever possible
- A computerised record system to reduce paper usage. We also make use of our paper waste for notes etc and keep laboratory reports on the system, instead of printing them out.
- Only planting and maintaining indigenous plants
- Using airconditioning only when absolutely necessary to maintain animal and human comfort
In time we plan to get to our target of 95% paperless (it's a work in progress!)
Read our client newsletter: Click HERE or go to the ARTICLES tab